Serious Issues

So Everything was going well for me and then I turned my game on and it said to install the update.  So, I did...Now, my files are corrupted and it wont read any discs.  I have cleared the cache and everything.  None of this was wrong with my system until I hit yes on installing this update.  Why won't it load the games and what do I have to do to fix it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey DaemoCAS, if you can I would transfer your saved games to the cloud storage and then reformat the hard drive. It is likely that your data became corrupted during the update and starting fresh may be your best option

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="HeroEnder"]if you can I would transfer your saved games to the cloud storage[/quote]Actually, silver accounts do not have access to cloud storage on the 360.  Instead, the OP could follow your steps using a USB memory.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Daemo,

There are also steps we have available on our support pages to clear and download the console update again. You can find the steps in Solution 1 under Xbox Dashboard from the Microsoft Support page Error: "The game could not start" 

Let us know if any of these steps help you out. 

Sorry this didn't help.