Serial number of the wireless controller

Hello,

I have recently bought a wireless controller and in the warranty manual it says I should register the controller on the site in ther order to make warranty process easier, in case it would be necessary. However, when I try to registrate it asks me for a serial number which I don't know where it is. I thought it would be the 14-digits number under the barcode in a white label, behind the battery, but when registrating on the site the maximum amount of digits it takes are 12.

Anyone can help me with this issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 473 Applies to:

Hey there, Borgersen! El Capitaine is right here and you need to register a console to get a replacement controller through us. Returning it to the retailer is definitely a valid step here if you do not have a console. This thread is a little old. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

From the FAQ on getting an Xbox 360 Accessory replaced:

"If you purchased the Microsoft Xbox accessory within the last 30 days, you can return it to the retailer with your original proof of purchase. If you purchased the accessory more than 30 days ago but within the accessory warranty period, you can order a replacement accessory from our Xbox Online Service Center (console registration is required). Make sure you click Replace an Accessory instead of Request Service. Follow the on-screen prompts to place an order."

support.xbox.com/.../getting-your-product-serviced-faq

You do not need to register your controller, just your console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello WoodlandCross7.

I faced the same problem and contacted an Xbox Ambassador via chat. He (or she) told me that it is only consoles that can be registered, not hand controllers.

As you say; the manual and also the support-pages refers to the Myservice web site. Seems like Microsoft can't agree with themselves in this matter.

(The ambassador is not an Microsoft/Xbox employee.)

Sorry this didn't help.