September 9th - System Update Failed

Hello, I have had this console for 5 years now. Never had any problems getting online, updating games, or performing system updates. Yesterday, I received a system update. So I went ahead and begun updating. The first part downloaded fine. Then, about 3/4 of the way downloading the second part of the update it said update failed with the following status code: 3F4B-4099-1680-0702-C000-0099

I have checked the status on Xbox.com and it says this status is related to "tampering".

I also called and spoke with an Xbox Customer Rep and they said that the code does relate to tampering but I have NEVER done anything to my Xbox except play it!!! They also said it could be caused from me buying a used Hard Drive from Gamestop. But as of now I cannot update my Xbox 360, resulting in me not being able to get online. What can be done to fix this?

Please help...Really want to get online and play, just don't know why my console is giving me a tampering status code. I did buy the console used but that was 5 years ago and never had any problems.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Rockstr!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues updating your console. Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start things off, I suggest working through our Update Sticky. There's several great tips on how to get stubborn updates to go through.

Let us know how each of those suggestions go for you and we'll be happy to work with you from there! ^_^ 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The console may have been modified by the previous owner.  That is why it is never recommended to purchase a used console.  You never know if something has been done to it that will end up effecting you.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.