Sent in console for repairs and still not fixed

So I had 1 red light in the center of the power button. This was 3 weeks ago. I just received my console and I still receive the E 68 message. Way back when, I pulled out my hard drive and my console worked fine. I still get the error message today. All I got back was my console and the same hard drive that I sent in. I called xbox 3 times and no one is willing to help me. I aged $120 to get it sent in and repaired. I upgraded my 360 when Halo reach came out and when my box broke, the warranty expired by 2 and a half weeks. It's total bull. Can anyone help me. I'm so mad that I sent it in and nothing was done. Ps: xbox, refund my money and I will go buy and new hard drive because at least then I can go out and fix it my self.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The E68 error message is an error code for hard drive failure. There is nothing wrong with your xbox, the hard drive has gone kaput. Only way to fix that is to go and get a new one and pop it in, problem solved.

And no, you cannot save the data off the bad drive and attempt to transfer it over to the new one, if your drive is in such bad shape that it is giving off the E68 error code, there's no recovering it. On the bright side it will make for a good paperweight or door stopper...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there OP - We're sorry to hear about your experience. Could you send us the reference number for the repair request? We'd like to take a look. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.