Sent back my broken xbox one, microsoft refuses to refund my $580

So I called microsoft and asked them if I could get my money that they took out of my account and they said "there is no way to reverse this transaction or refund your money". The money was taken out of my account because I did not return my xbox in the given amount oft time. Is there any way that I could get my money back because I refuse to believe that they can not refund my money, so I basically handed them $580 dollars and returned them their xbox.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Wow, don't they give two weeks to return the item.  I'm not sure I would have pressed my luck with that amount of money on the line.  Customer support is pretty lousy with this company too.  Good luck with that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I hate to say it, but you might be out that money.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you returned it because you were unhappy with the product then you should of returned on time how ever the Xboxbox belongs to you so ask for its return they will charge you postage again but at least you can sell it and get some thing back good luck

Sorry this didn't help.

LB The Truth. Have you had specific dealings with Microsoft regarding customer service or are you trolling the forums again?

Sorry this didn't help.

Lol whatever dude

Sorry this didn't help.

If you returned the console (and have proof via tracking it has been received by MS), know they are not going to return or repair your console, and are confident they are not going to refund the funds then your last resort would be to contact your credit card company and issue a chargeback or dispute the charge. However I would first try to resolve the issue with customer support one last time before you resort to that, try to be calm and polite and ask for a supervisor or escalation if they say they are unable to assist you. Also try to explain the situation as accurately as possible, and provide them with proof that the Xbox was received by them via tracking.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't think the issue is whether or not they received it.  The issue is that it was not received within the time period that Microsoft had specified.  So the penalty was his collateral of the $580 for the advanced replacement.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft is under FTC investigation and litigation for similar actions/behavior

i i were u save all documentation contact a legal Council(Lawyer) (business practitioner) and sue microsoft the full retail+ the amount they just stole from you (grand theft/Larceny)+legal fees take about a year tops but you will definitely win if u have all receipts even those digital ones aka u buy something online u get an email (confirmation of purchase) which is technically a receipt print those off and their refusal to refund you is against the law so a federal court will vote in your favor with a percentage of 97.6% the other 3.4% is if they bought off the judge but seeing how its a federal court ignore that margin !!!

Sorry this didn't help.

i study business law im 2nd year grad school so i know + u can get most information online these days doesnt take a genius to look up how shady Microsofts business practices have gotten !!

like i stated above u can sue for grand theft(larceny) (money or an object stolen worth more than $400)  and fraud not going into the business ethics on this there are plenty of violations there too !!

what ive said is all possible just going by with what OP has posted !!!

Sorry this didn't help.

If this is true then you need to call as suggested and escalate the issue by talking to a manager.  If that does not get it resolved then you need to talk to your CC provider or bank to reverse the charges.  The reality is that if you have proof they received your console then they have the property in question and as such are responsible for payment.  Timeline is irrelevant.  If they are not going to return your money then they would have to return your property.  They can't have both.  

Sorry this didn't help.