Selling Xbox One Preview Program invites on Ebay

I've noticed that a few sellers on Ebay are selling Xbox One Preview Program invites on Ebay for varying amounts.

Firstly, I'd like to let people know (in case people don't already know) even if a friend recommends you to be invited, you are not guaranteed to be actually invited, so don't waste your money

Secondly, I believe that selling invites in this manner is likely to be against the Microsoft TOS, or at least violating some laws/rules as you'd be paying for something you're not guaranteed to receive

Anyone who knows better, please feel free to correct me - I just wanted to warn people that they may be wasting their money..

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

People are paying money to become beta testers?!

That's a useful thing to point out to people here on the Forums.

You might also want to report them to Microsoft.

It's not as simple as "reporting" a gamertag.

You could try asking Support for advice or see if there is an appropriate section on the Microsoft Anti-Piracy Website: www.microsoft.com/.../faq.aspx

Its about that backwards Compat...

how many of these recent testers are actually "testing"  how many will end up here complaining that their XB does not work or the new "feature" is crap...

how many have actually visited the preview forums?

My mind is officially blown.

After I finished laughing at this thread I actually used the SEARCH on EBAY to find these listings. Only One popped up. Apparently it only cost 99 cents to get an invite. Overpriced IMO. :)

Only one? What exactly did you search for? There are currently over 20 listings selling invites.

m.ebay.com/.../i.html

The highest priced ones I've seen so far was $5....lol.

You know what they say about fools and money...

This is what I've been thinking all along, If you're beta testing then that means you're beta testing everything. Given the small amount of games being tested I don't really understand why there is so much excitement. Beta testing doesn't make you an Xbox elite, it does mean you're constantly updating your preview dash, it does mean you're filling in the surveys and quests. I think in 2015 people will do anything for $

Hmmm.... I'd give three toenail clippings for one.