Select storage device

Is it just me, or is it kind of annoying having to select a storage device every time you load up a game, even if you've played it a lot already? (i.e. L4D)

Would it be difficult to have an "auto-use this device" or "default device" function? Is there one and I just can't find it in any Xbox settings?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I have a 4 GB slim with a 250 GB hard drive and it's annoying having to pick the 250 every time I start a game.. it would be nice to have a default setting in the next dashboard update.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The only way to stop it is to only have one memory device connected. I get the pop-up asking when I have my memory unit in as well as the hard drive. Take the memory unit out and the pop-ups don't occur. Of course not much use if you have a 360 with onboard storage.

This is annoying for me as well though because I keep my profile on the memory unit for when I go around to friends houses and I can't be bothered to keep moving it back and forward between hard drive and memory unit.

I think you have a top idea about being able to set one device as the 'default'.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.