SEGA Rally Arcade Online SEGA Saturn Remake?

Hello,

Just saw this

http://www.sega.co.uk/games/sega-rally-online-arcade/

Am just wondering if this is a remake of the classic Sega Rall Championship from the good old SEGA Saturn. This along with Daytona (also on Saturn) are the best racing games ever made imo.

Going by the video some of the tracks do look like there from the old saturn version. If anyone knows please tell me as I will definitely buy it if it is a remake.

Discussion Info

Last updated November 12, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't know, but I have the saga rally game for the 360 and it's utter **** to be honest.

It's got the Desert track from the '95 game... I do recognise the other tracks as well. It's a hybrid of a few of the past Sega Rally titles.

I'm enjoying it so far, s'good fun online.

Just waiting for the first clueless muppet to come onto the forums and whinge about the car handling (proper sega rally handling!)

[quote user="Outofthi5world"]

I don't know, but I have the saga rally game for the 360 and it's utter **** to be honest.

[/quote]What?! Sega Rally is one of the best racing games on the 360. What is it you don't like?

Just had a go on the demo - quite liked it but I didn't feel a compulsory purchase was in order. Doesn't help that Dirt 3 is out soon so I reckon I can wait until it's deal of the week.

It'd probably be better if there was another external view with the car a bit smaller as it just seems way too big as it takes up a lot of the screen

yes it does have some of the old 96 tracks :D

I bought it immediately - its an adaption of the 2007 Sega Rally update, and its awesome!!  800 points is superb value for money!!

I don't know if it makes up for the first Dreamcast compilation (you know what to do Sega - PSO, F355, Shenmue and Daytona on the next compilation!!), but its a great game still.

I started playing it and couldn't put it down, very enjoyable.

If you play this game with the external car view, you are a fool. It's not made for that, that's just there for idiots that can't drive. Put it in car/bonnet view and get the experience you get in the Arcade cabinets. Brilliant game!

Unlocked all the cars last night, really enjoying the game!

Now to set some decent times... manual gears ftw! It's SO much easier with manual gears!

So much fun,got 200/200 without realising.Definately keeping me whistle wet until Dirt 3.