Seemingly widespread issue..

Loads and loads of console bans (me included), loads and loads of people demanding answers. Surely this must be a microsoft fail or something? Or atleast if they're banning lots of people at once, give the reason - what harm could that possibly do...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Bans are not issued for no reason OP, and they can be issued for a variety of reasons. (modding consoles/games, marketplace theft, repeated offenses, repeated gamer tag bans, phishing, trying to obtain people log in details, the list goes on).

You could always ask in the suspension forum but generally the PET do not discuss console bans and will just point you to the console ban FAQ. But I suppose there is no harm in asking.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have asked :< - I know bans are not issued for no reason but you must find it a bit odd that there are so many people complaining about being banned for unknown reasons? And thats only the ones who come onto the forums.

Sorry this didn't help.

A lot of people claim they don't know why they are banned but many will, I am not saying that's the case with you though. Have you asked any other people who use the console if they have done anything dodgy?.
Here are a few reasons bans are issued, repeat violations, attempting to gain other users log in info, marketplace theft, repeated suspensions or gamer-tag bans, other gross violations (likely many things I have not heard of).

I cant say what the case would be with your console as I'm just a gamer who uses the forums.
If an answer wasn't given to you in the forum linked above then I'm afraid I would not know what else to suggest as they (XBLPET) are the only people on the forums who know why action was taken. Only to let you know console bans are permanent and there is no appeal process to have one unbanned I'm afraid.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm the only one who uses this console, its in my room. I turned my xbox off and went to bed, woke up in the morning and I was banned.

Microsoft need to take a long hard look at this process of 'permanent, no appeal, no reason'. I mean what kind of a system is that?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you buy the console new?, if it was pre-owned its possible something was done to it before it came into your possession.

When you turn on the console and try to connect to LIVE there should be a message on-screen with a description of why it was banned. (I think so anyway). I agree they should tell people exactly why they were banned, but unfortunately they obviously don't feel its necessary.

Sorry this didn't help.

Brand new when I bought it (2 years ago), no problems until now. And no it says "To protect Xbox Live Services and members, Mircosoft does not reveal details about console bans"

Sorry this didn't help.

I also bought my xbox brand new from Newegg.  It did red ring and was under warranty so I sent it in and received a refurbished one.  I have never had a problem until now.  The last time I played a game online with it was 5 months ago and I have been using it for Netflix.  I have read the entire terms of use and CoC and have not broken them.  I have never had a gamertag violation or talked to anyone I don't know personally in real life on xbox live.  I know its not market theft because I have never even D/L something that costs money off the marketplace in the first place (ie halo waypoint and kinect me).

Sorry this didn't help.