security

I don't know anything about the Xbox but I have got live free for a month for my 3 sons. But I received a email today about them downloading a game for nearly £7 surely there is a way to secure that they don't download games without Bill payers permission. Is there a way to do this please. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

During the creation of their account, one of the first questions asked is a Date of Birth.  If that Date of Birth entered indicated that they were under 18 (or other applicable age of adulthood depending on region), then the account would be designated a Child Account, governed by a linked Parental Account.  If that is the case, then you should have the option to enact Parental Controls on the account, restricting the ability to make purchases.  This is accomplished easily by signing into xbox.com/account with the Parental Account email and password, and then choosing "Manage my privacy and online safety".  As a Parental Account, you will have your settings listed first, with icons representing any Child Accounts registered under you.  Click their icon, and it will switch to managing their settings.  You can then set their ability to "Purchase Content" to Blocked.

If, however, they do not have a Child Account, the best options for keeping unwanted purchases from happening would be to use prepaid credit cards, so they can't overspend the budget you set aside for them, or prepaid Xbox Gift Cards, which add currency to the Microsoft Account so you don't have to leave a credit card on file.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.