Security proofs on XBOX non-functional

Greetings Xbox Live Forums

I hate to complain.  But in this instance I have to.

I have come here only to report that I had to spend 30 minutes or more accessing this website and troubleshooting in order to explain the lack of functionality of your new security proofs requirement.  It is not the requirement to submit information I object to, but that your system for the inputting of such information is broken. 

I have waited by my phone, as prompted, several times this week, waiting for the phone call and/or text message that the XBOX message insists is coming.  Had I known that the option to quickly fix this on the website here was possible, I would have come immediately.  However, your Xbox Live message, impeding me from downloading updates or accessing online content, says nothing about alternative methods: only to wait by your phone, and try again if it fails.  I have since had to download Microsoft Silverlight in order to try and contact a human being on your staff to seek why I am not receiving messages to my valid phone number.  Having downloaded this program, though, I find it actually makes no difference to your online chat support functionality.  It still is not accessible to me.  Fearing that there are other customers of yours feeling the same frustration as I have felt this week, waiting for a phone call that will never come, unable to do anything but navigate your coldly unresponsive website, I am reporting it to you now.  Please illustrate on the XBOX LIVE prompt for security proofs that the website is a faster method, should the Xbox Live input fail to generate any response whatsoever.  It might be be an idea to illustrate the possibility that nobody will get back to you, no matter how many times you input your phone number.

Thanks for reading.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there,

are you using Google Chrome as browser? If so, can you try a different one like Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Chrome and the xbox webpages don't work well together...

Regarding the security proofs, you can also try to update them via this link (if you haven't tried that already)

account.live.com/.../manage

-

Regarding contacting Xbox Support: You could also try this link, it should give you the phone number, which you can call to contact Xbox Support:

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.