Security Proofs defaulted...can't manage my account

Actual Gamertag: RealisticJam

Problem: In November I noticed that randomly I started not being able to log in (Via computer email, or smartglass...My console automatically logs in to my gamertag) to xbox.com or my hotmail, or even smartglass. I'm certain that it may have something to do with the new roll out of security proof's. I never personally decided to change mine or anything so either it may have given me random default proofs (email address and phone number that isn't even mine) as my security reset information. I could log in perfectly and everything until November and I started logging on using Smartglass via my iPhone.

It really sucks because now I can't get on XBOX live at all because I have a new console and it requires me to sign in via hotmail and it's saying my password is wrong, and I can't reset my password because my proof's were change (not by me, and no one else has access to my account) maybe the app asked me to change it and i didn't noticed and didn't change it in time?

I have tried numerous times to recover my account with the verify all account information page, and it says my security question is anniv...I never EVER make that a security reset question, however I do know that is the 1st choice on the drop down list. I've been trying to recover my account since then (November) and all i've gotten is a blocked account. I've called Customer Service, then sent me to the forums and told me to type my problem in the Banned account forums to get immediate help, did that, and was told to contact support.

Please help. I can verify the last Credit card I used on my account for two 1-month xboxlive golds and also the subscription number I used on the 48 hour trial card before that. My account information may also be a tad outdated...had this account going on 5 years and never had a problem until now.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

You should call xbox support sounds like someone else might be controlling your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I doubt it, however the major problem is my email is now blocked, so If I do get to reset the password, i still won't be able to login.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there CoolKid! If you believe your security proofs are incorrect or you no longer have access to them, please try resetting them by following the steps in our "Get help with your Microsoft account security proofs" guide. Let us know how that goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.