Security proof problem.

My cousin recently has been asked to put in his email and password to verify his account. He has been playing xbox for a year and a half now. He uses G mail and the email to his account is a hotmail account, and he doesn't remember the password. When he puts in the password he thinks is right, it says "There is a problem with your credentials" or something else. It makes no sense how after a year later, it is asking him to put in this info. He really doesn't care, but I am trying to help him resolve his issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I sugest going to gmail or hotmail and resetting your password, it should send you a new one, then you can change it to whatever you please.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

He doesn't know his secret question. He never cared for it, and he forgot all about it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think it's the same problem I have, it asks for an email and password but the email that pops up is the old one right? I'm going to assume that the gmail one that he currently uses is not updated on the microsoft account.  I'm still waiting for my security proofs info to be changed but this is where you go to make those changes account.live.com/proofs

Once you log into your microsoft account which I think should be linked to your wondows live id, just change the old email to the new one and just to make sure, also add a phone number and another alternate emai. The changes take a month so untill then hopefully the security proofs problem will be solved when you log on xbox live and enter the gmail account and password.

Sorry this didn't help.

His windows account is the hotmail account. Which means that he doesn't remember it. He doesn't know the password, secret question, or anything about the account. He can't recover it because he doesn't know anything about it, he didn't care for it. His G mail isn't used for any xbox account. Therefore, he can't sign on to it unless the over protective people give him his account info. His Gamertag is Fearless x757. He had the account for a year, and the account email he made for it was hotmail, and he doesn't use hotmail. It asked him to make a hotmail or live account, he couldn't use his gmail. So, please, tell me something I don't know.

Sorry this didn't help.