Security Proof = Can't Sign In

Hello,

I cannot log into my Xbox account because of this new security proof wall. My email and password are not the issue, I know those. The issue is once I input those another screen pops up telling me to put another email in or a phone number for text or calls. When this first happened I just put in a new email and it let me through. Now it won't let me through unless I put my phone number or another email down neither of which I want to do. When I try to back out of the screen it signs me out of Xbox live. I have had my Xbox for six years now and never needed this stupid security proof and now if I do not use it I cannot get onto Xbox live and play with my friends. That's all I want to do, play with my friends. Is there a way for me to disable it so I can just get on Xbox live without having some stupid security wall blocking me or am I stuck in limbo?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 52 Applies to:

There is no way to bypass the security proofs as it is now compulsary for every user on xbox live to have two security proofs. You can add proofs online and not through your Xbox console if that makes it easier to add proofs for you. You can also have a security question as one of your proofs if you prefer to have these instead. If you dont add the extra proof then you wont be able to sign into xbox live until you do. I hope this helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey I can give you detailed instructions if you have a computer and internet access. You will need to verify your security proofs on account.live.com after signing in with your Microsoft account.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem but when I type in my log in details I type email and password in and I get an error saying please try again later??

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi FactualPack54,

If the above steps did not work out for you, I would suggest creating your own thread, detailing your issue a bit more.  

We will be there to assist! :D 

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem FactualPack54. And so do all of my friends did you ever get it fixed ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there JKap6!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.