Security Prompt Signing On

Whenever I sign on my Xbox Live Gold Account, some security prompt comes up stating that it needs proof that it is me.  Then I go through the steps and have a code sent to an alternate e-mail.  Then it specifies on my console that before they can use this as proof, it needs to be confirmed and they show a website to go to. Although when I put the code in the website that was sent to the alternate e-mail address, the code doesn't work.  I can still choose continue on the console and sign on to my account, but it's incredibly annoying to keep having to go through this security step everything I sign on.  When I sign on, I want to go directly to my account.  I don't want to have to go through a security step each time.  Has anyone else had this issue and if so, is there any way I can prevent it from doing this security prompt every time?  Thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Hi Iron,

Sorry to hear about the account troubles. Let's see if we can get that prompt to go away.

Let's start by updating your security proofs. Here's how: Add and Update Your Microsoft Account Security Proofs

Once they are all up to date, go ahead give it another shot.

You can also setup Auto-sign in by following the steps below:

1. Sign in to Xbox Live.
  2. Select Settings, and then select Profile.
  3. Select Sign-in Preferences.
  4. Select Auto Sign-in, and then make the changes that you want.

Let us know how that goes, or if you have anymore questions. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.