Security nonsense

Okay, so I tried to sign into xbox live, from my 360 today only for it to tell me I needed to verify my security info. So I gave it my phone number, they called, I entered the code. It then gave me the same pop-up, asking me to do the same thing. When I tried a second time it told me that I already added the phone number and they couldn't use it because I needed to verify it. But then when I go to my account via PC, it asks me for either an alternative e-mail address or a new phone number. When I try to get it to call it tells me I'm already using this e-mail address and need to use an alternative one, despite picking the phone number option. So I chose the e-mail option, send it to my gmail, and clicked the confirm button from there. It then told me I was locked out of my account for 30 days while it updated my security info. Can someone tell me what the [Mod Removed] is going on? [Mod Removed] 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  It sounds as though you have Two-Step Verification turned on.  Try the steps at the link below.

support.xbox.com/.../turn-off-two-step-verification

If that doesn't help you may need to contact phone support if you're locked out of your account.  If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.