Security code details on Live email not updating - can't rejoin XBL!

Hi guys, my old 12 month Live card ran out, so just trying to set up a new account this year, on a whole new tag. I set up a new live.co.uk email, and ordered the 12 month scratch card off Amazon, as I have been doing for years. However, when I try to input this on here, it's asking to send a phone code to the inbox. I have mislaid that phone, so instead tried to add a separate email address instead to receive this code. It's saying it's going to update on the 3/11/2013, but nothing has happened, and whenever I try to add my 12 month code, it keeps asking to text this number! Desperate to get back onto Live and play the games I love. I have never encountered this problem before in many years of responsibly using XBL, going back to the Halo 2 era.

It's very frustrating when you know the old account is going to run out, order the card for next year for a relatively seamless overlap, but then something screws up like this. The PSN guys can just hop on randomly any time for free :(

I am logged onto here, got the new tag signed in on 360 all ready to go, can sign into the linked email account no worries, have the legit £30 code card in my hand, so what on earth is the problem? Really don't appreciate the down-time, especially when money is involved, online tournaments are at stake and I can easily prove that I have been on Live since like 2004 as a friendly, relaxed and helpful gamer (previous tag was an Ambassador account in good standing).

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Click on the link which says I DIDN'T GET THE CODE and it should give you the option for validation in some other way.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When you add or update security question details on the Live email, yes, it can take 30 days to update. Same deal if you change the email in the 360 Account setting, or download your profile from here. As I understand it, any scratch card codes won't accept until the email account is secured.

Worst case scenario if you can't wait the 30 days to get back onto XBL on that new tag and don't want to use the old one any more, just set a new one up, but make sure the email you link it with is fully validated.

PSN may be easier to access, but it remains an insecure network riddled with lag and multiple troll accounts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.