Secured Wireless Network Won't Connect With My Xbox

Hi-

So I just got my Wireless Network at home secured today so that a password is needed to access my wireless internet on my computer. But by doing that, it has also blocked my access for my Xbox to connect with my Wireless Internet and let me use Xbox Live. It recognizes the network on my Xbox but it won't let me use it. I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to this stuff. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Disconnect your router from your wall socket for 1minute. disconnect your wireless adaptor or ethernet cable. Plug everything back like normal, then dont sign in to xbox live but go to network settings, then search for your network, type in your WPA password and reconnect to xbox live this should refresh your network and hopefuly fix the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It isn't the internet that is a problem, because it works perfectly as a secured network on my computer obviously. I tried your suggestion anyways and that still did not work. I think it's a problem with my Xbox which is why I asked for help here adn not with Netgear. Thanks for the help anyways.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.