second hand xbox

i just bought a second hand xbox for another room in house, when i switched it on it has another persons profile on there, how do i delete it and add it to my account ?

going crazy trying to set it up can any one help please.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You can delete profiles that you no longer use. Here’s how:

Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.

Select Memory.

Select All Devices.

Select Gamer Profiles.

Select the gamertag that you want to delete.

Select Delete.

Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Select Delete Profile and Items to delete the profile and the associated saved games and achievements.

This Link will get you to recover your profile.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/gamer-profile#delete

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

great thanks i will give it a go. will i be able to have two xbox in same house on same account on at the same time ?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't have your profile on two 360s at the same time but you can put it onto a USB stick and swap it between consoles that way.

Sorry this didn't help.

You should be aware that it is not recommended that you buy any USED console as you do not know the history of the console or the previous owner. Just keep in the back of your mind that should the console get banned from XBL or go down for a repair that it could have been something the previous owner did to it and unfortunately there would be nothing you could do in regards to a console ban and if the console is out of warranty you would be stuck paying for the repair.

However, I have a USED console (had it for about four months now) and have had no issues with it yet. I got mine at Game Stop (I know, not the best place to get one but slightly better than eBay or craigslist). All I can say is if anything goes wrong with it it would be my fault for buying USED. I already accept that fact.

Good luck with your new USED console and happy gaming.

No, you can not play on the same account on two different consoles at the same time. However, you should check both consoles and see if they still have 3-1 month free Gold trials on them. That way you could create an account for your son, or whomever, on the USED or new console and game together. I got lucky at there was atleast one on my USED console. I'll find out at the end of 30 days if I have anymore. NOTE: the account has to be created on the console. And you need to have a seperate e-mail for it (one different than the one you use for this account).

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for all your help can i ask one more question ? i have a family membership can we play with two xbox under different profiles?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes you can use 2 profiles on 2 diffrent xboxes to play at the same time.

Sorry this didn't help.