Second Hand Xbox 360 - Account Issues

Hi there

I am hoping someone can help

I bought a second hand Xbox 360 off kijiji with 4 months of live left. This ran out, and I bought a years subscription which I stupidly added to his log in details. I have now switched the account to my own email address, however when i play games, it is still associated with his game account. I understand I can change my gamer tag to my own (for $9.99 but I am not sure whether this will fix the issue below. 

I have bought a copy of BF4 and the Origin account automatically logged on to the previous owners account - and I cannot work out how to switch it to my own. Is there a way to reset the email address that Origin associates with? Would changing my gamertag solve this, or is there a cheaper way? 

Cheers

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

This is a rather odd problem. It sounds like the person violated the Terms of Use by selling his gamertag. Regardless, the best course of action you have is to create a brand new profile and start all over. Then his origin account wont be attached to your new Gamertag. As far as the remaining gold time goes, that is not transferable between accounts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The lending or sale of accounts is a violation of the terms of use and can lead to suspensions/bans.  You should just do as 24hrs has stated above and start with your own account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.