Searching for gamertags

Is it possible to search a gamertag then join the lobby that gamer is currently playing in?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

you could always send a GT a f/r and join their session in progress provided they are playing online in a game that is joinable

[quote user="ResponsiveAnt24"]

Is it possible to search a gamertag then join the lobby that gamer is currently playing in?

[/quote]

The fact that you'd want to search out random gamertags is odd, and more than a bit suspicious.

Because if this was something legitimate, the gamertag you would be wanting to join would be on your friend's list/invited.

So, why would you do that? Trying to hone in on your 360 stalking?

But why make two threads?

If they are a recent player of yours they should be in your recent player list.  There is no search feature other than to type in a friend request  . .  there is another site that will do partial xbox live id lookups . . . you would have to google it though . . not sure if it is against the rules to post it or not. . . .

No. You cannot look up a users gamertag and join their session. dependent upon their Privacy Settings, in most cases, you can join users that are on your friends list. Learn more about adding users as Friends on Xbox LIVE here.

There's nothing shady about it, and I didn't make two threads on purpose.  Now that I've thought it over yeah it would have been easier to just send a message to 1 of the 30 on there, and join.  But I figured I might be able to just do a search and join a session in progress when they are playing infected on mw3

[quote user="BlackSilverAce"]

[quote user="ResponsiveAnt24"]

[/quote]

The fact that you'd want to search out random gamertags is odd, and more than a bit suspicious.

Because if this was something legitimate, the gamertag you would be wanting to join would be on your friend's list/invited.

So, why would you do that? Trying to hone in on your 360 stalking?

[/quote]

Hello, I'm Chris Hansen...

[quote user="Aztec Warrior"]

Hello, I'm Chris Hansen...

[/quote]

LOL <3