Screen of Grain

Hey everybody.  So I turned my xbox off and then come back 45 minutes later and all I get on screen is a bunch of grain.  This is the older model of the 360.  I've tried, unplugging it and then plugging it back in again, doesn't work.  I even bought a new A/V cable and it still doesn't work.  And I've tried it on numerous tv's so they're not the problem.  I've used both standard and HDMI so I've got no idea what the problem is and I can't think of much else to try. The audio works just as well as it ever did but it's the video that is giving me trouble.  Anyway, if any of you guys knows what's wrong and how to fix it I sure would appreciate the help! Thanks1

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

It looks like your box is dying.....

Maybe you should call MS

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just in case, try resetting the video:

Here's how:

Remove any discs from the disc tray.

Turn off the console.

Turn on the console.

Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn on the console by using the Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left light illuminated.

As the console starts, on the controller, press and hold Y while pulling the right trigger. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.