Scammed by Microsoft

17/01/2012 I initially bought my 12 month XBL membership for £39.99 as usual and was charged and everything was fine. Recently, I lost my credit card and had to get it cancelled so Microsoft cancelled my live even though they had already received a payment? I accepted this and then I was looking into buying live back with my new card and it was saying that I needed to transfer the £39.99 onto the old card to recover the costs, so I assumed that this would re-activate the 6 months of my 12 months I initially bought, but I have payed that extra 39 and still I have not been given any XBL. So effectively I have payed £80 pounds for some 6 months of live, and I am still stuck without XBL?

what can i do?

thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You may want to check the Microsoft Billing site here. Please take a look at the charges and payments made. The only time you "transfer" any sorts of payments are when you have an overdue balance on the account and it is in a suspended state. If you got your credit card canceled that has absolutely nothing to do with Microsoft, all you would need to do is add the new credit card on file and it would replace the old card. It wouldn't have charged you anything or asked to transfer anything if you had not owed any sort of payment previously.

You also get e-mails on every sort of payment transactions so you have dates and times as well as on the billing site whenever any sort of payment is charged to the account whether it's Microsoft points or subscription time. If you believe there's some sort of error feel free to contact phone support for your region and speak with the billing department. One of their agents would be happy to go over your account with a fine tooth comb and explain to you how the process works.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No doubt they are rats... they charged me for a game I didn't buy and ignore me also for that

Sorry this didn't help.

please refer back to xbox live billing HERE also how long has it been since you canceled  the credit card 

does your credit card auto renew?

Sorry this didn't help.