Says I'm connected to XBox Live but doesnt let me play games online?

This problem has been occuring the last month now.. I can join my friends party's and stuff but when I sign in it takes a super long time to load the dashboard and then it doesn't even show the marketplace stuff on it. It just shows connect to xbox live on every page. When I try to play blackops 2 it says connecting to online service for a minute and then says cant connect. I've tried re setting the modem and the router plenty of times it just didnt work. So today I tried to find a solution and I deleted my profile and cleared the cache on my hard drive. And when I tried re downloading my profile it fills 25% of the bar and then says "Sorry, Xbox LIVE profiles cant be downloaded right now. Try again later.                                 80004005

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

you need to reboot your system first clear system cache, then proceed to reboot modem and router this is called a powercycle, turn off everything connected to internet, then unplug modem and router, wait 5 mins then plug in modem, wait 3 mins then plug in router wait an additional 3 mins then fire up xbox first, and try that hopefully between the two your problem will be solved. let us know if it works?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

you may also want to try after that redownloading your profile. you may have corrupt profile but clearing system cache will remove bad files.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks! It worked.

Sorry this didn't help.