Saying start here doesn't fix any problems

So for starters Id like to say restarting my router for 30seconds then waiting 2minutes before restarting doesn't do a thing for strict nat type instead of telling people useless things to that don't even work i might add maybe the network developers should put the money the people of xbox live pay for to make improvements to make sure all networks are compatible for xboxlive My ports do not need to be opened as my internet service provider is upgraded to the highest paid plan i can possibly do I work 5 to 6days a week and to waste the little energy I have left to waste my time is a complete outrage I just need people to do the jobs they were assigned to do PROPERLY holding out on paying customers im not going to be punctual seeing as it takes you 5minutes to reply to a post one moment then the next im ignored what kind of service am i paying for anyways

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Hey DiaBeeTusINaCan,

It seems as if you might be a bit frustrated so I am hoping that we can come up with a few solutions for you, as well as get some details clarified.

Let's start with connection related matters. When someone ask you to refresh your router/modem its usually because none of us know for sure if our internet provider is changing the IP Address which has been assigned to us, if our modem/routers are over heating, or it could be that there's been some many downloads in our Ques that the router/modem is slow due to that. There are many reasons that go behind it, but the main reason would be to start from the first place we can trace the problem from. One thing that I always ask and suggest is that if you are getting slow speeds to try to connect directly to your router/modem by way of ethernet cord. Is this possible for you?

As far as the forums go, there are some people employed by microsoft who do also help out here, but please keep in mind that most of us are volunteers lending our support to users. We do not have access to private information, servers, or anything else which would jeopardize a users account. With that said I feel I must also point out that we do our best to reply to forum post as fast as we can, with whatever knowledge we have towards whatever matter is presented to us. On the weekends some of the Microsoft Staff will be around to help, but please bare in-mind that we all do have other things we are doing, and are not constantly monitoring the forums. Please do get back to us and let us know if you are able to connect VIA wired connection. Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft does not control the networks. If you have issues with network compatability, then it's the ISPs who need to get this to work.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.