Sawed Off or Gnasher?

If you have played multiplayer on Gears 2 you will know what I am talking about I can't seem to get to grips with the Gnasher on this one so I use the Sawed Off.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Haven't played Gears 3 yet and i didn't get to play the beta.  From what i know though, the sawed off destroys at very close.  I assume the gnasher performs similarly to previous gears.  I guess gun fights will be more interesting now there is another alternative close range weapon.

Woops only just noticed I put gears 2 on my orginal post, silly me, and yeah it does destroy at close range and people can get the wrong impression of the sawed off by thinking its unbalanced compared to the gnasher at close range, but it really isn't as you only get one bullet before you have to reload, and the reload is really slow so it balances it out.

I still roll with the Gnasher to be honest. Sawn Off is beastly though if your opponent lets you get close enough to make use of it.

When I play against noobs, I use the Sawn off, but when I play against pros, I use the Gnahser. Although you have to be really really close to use it (almost melee distance).

*Based on playing the beta, as I haven't gotten Gears 3 yet.

Not a fan of using the Sawn-Off myself, lacks the versatility of the Gnasher. Played a few games against a guy who was really good with it though. Now I look out for people using them and just avoid letting them anywhere near me.

I never seem to win when I have to use either! I always seem to be the one turned into giblets!

Gnasher for me! NOOBS use sawed off

[quote user="Majikthise"]

I never seem to win when I have to use either! I always seem to be the one turned into giblets!

[/quote] 

Use bayonnet rush or chainsaw instead lol.

Oh my god raged at a bayonnet rusher earlier!

Sawed Off for me. I never seem to do any good with the Gnasher myself lol.