Saving XBOX Live settings

I'm trying to play DOA5U online but when I have the internet connected to my xbox, it says I xan't use the online services because of my xbox live preferences. So, I went and changed it to an adult from custom but when I go back to the game, I'll get the same message. Or when I go back to the settings menu, it's back on custom. I went online and changed it to adult but on my xbox it's still on custom. Help?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If the change on Xbox.com was successful but didn't take effect on your console try re-downloading your profile.

Here’s how:

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
  2. Select Download Profile. (Note Not seeing Download Profile? Press X to sign out of your profile. )
  3. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live gamertag. If you don’t know your Microsoft account or password, see Find your Microsoft account or password. (Note “Microsoft account” is the new name for what used to be called “Windows Live ID.” It’s the email address and password you use to sign in to Microsoft services (including Xbox Live). Find out more. )
  4. Now, enter your Microsoft account password. (Note If your account is an Xbox Live child account, the parent’s Microsoft account information is required to download the profile.)
  5. Select the storage device for your profile (for example, Hard Drive).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That didn't work. I tried downloading it twice. Once the process was done I went back to change my settings, I did but when I tried to play the game, I got the same message. And it was back on Custom. Is there anything else that will help with this? Do I need XBOX Gold or something?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi kasumixyuri,

Are you trying to play multiplayer online, or just play single player online? 

If you are trying to play multiplayer, the reason you are running into this error is because you do not have an Xbox Live Gold membership.

Let us know and we can go from there.  

Sorry this didn't help.

It is a multiplayer game. So if I get Gold, I should be able to change my settings AND play online?

Sorry this didn't help.

once you have Gold you should be fine.

Sorry this didn't help.