Saving my Xbox live account

hey guys 

i wanting to change a email address to another email address, i know how to do it and all but its cause the email my Xbox live account currently has is a random account i made a long time ago, like for example [Mod Removed]. so i see a problem cause the email address dosn't really exist so im just wondering is there anyway to salvage my current account, hopefully someone knows cause ive been using this account for many years and it hasnt been a problem until now :)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Unfortunately, unless you know the email and password to the account you can not change it sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Phone Support can sometimes force a switch from their end.... But the hoops to jump through, and the patience testing you need to endure to get through the process are drastic, and not for the faint of heart.

Sorry this didn't help.

it doesn't need to be an actual email, its more or less a user name, all you need is the password and to make the account your switching it to a MSA (Microsoft Account), if you do need to reset the password try resetting it on your end first through the website (accounts.live.com), and if you can't use any of the options fill the forum out, this will be required if you call to have your password you will have had to fill the forum out first.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey M4TT,

Well you may not be in as bad of shape as you think, You see the Email used to create your MS account is really more of a username it really doesn't need to active, Mine has been non active for over 3 years. So as long as you know the password for your current MS Account you should have no trouble switching. Create a MS account using the email you wish to switch to. then follow the steps from this link.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Hope this helps....

Sorry this didn't help.