Save to just the harddrive not memory unit

I have a 360 slim with 4gb mu and 120gb hdd and more importantly 10 year old and 7 year old boys :)

It seems every few months I find profiles and game saves and demos scattered on both the mu and hdd. This last time we got a prompt that the MU was almost full due to downloading game demos when there was plenty of room on the hdd.

Is there a way to default or only allow to save to the hdd and just leave the mu alone or just for system stuff?

I don't think there is really anything wrong with stuff on both but it really gets my OCD fired up and I'm tire of managing content every few months when the hdd has space available.

Thanks,

L84DRN

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Anytime there's more than one storage device it will always ask which one you want to save to. There's no way to have it just default to one.

Also, just an FYI, there is no official 120gb hard drive for the Slim. Using unauthorized hardware does violate the terms of service and can put you at risk for being banned.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks,

..and I have an official, well packaging looked official, hard drive I purhcased from Amazon.

Is a 250 but shows up lik 220 or 230.  Something like that.

Sorry this didn't help.

The only official hard drives made for the Slim are the 250gb and 320gb. There were no 120s made for that console. If you purchased it from a third party marketplace from Amazon then it would be a knockoff.

If it's a 250 and not a 120 like you said before, then it should be fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to sum up why it would say a lower value then advertised, is that they advertise the starting size of the drive. The system files (used to run the Console) are then added to the drive, therefore taking some memory up.

Sorry this didn't help.