Save Data Location

I've been moving all of my Games over to my new External HDD and I've noticed that my Save Data is listed separately. Now, as any half-knowledgeable gamer knows, your save data is priceless and worth more than anything else on the console. Now, I may need to decline the new Xbox One update (that I stupidly agreed to) and be "reset to factory standard". I bought the External HDD because of this, but I don't know whether my save data is being moved over or backed up, or where it is located, and I really CANNOT afford to lose it under any circumstances!

I've never used Cloud Storage or configured it for either my 360 or my Xbox One, so, my question is : Where exactly is my save data located (Cloud Storage (even though I've never chosen to use it), Internal HDD or External HDD?), and how can I ensure that it remains safe even if I need to have my Xbox One "reset to factory standard"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:
Answer

Hello

Save data for the Xbox One is actually saved on both the harddrive and the cloud, if you move all your content to an external drive it should be moved to that drive as well but the cloud data stays where it is.

If however you should lose your local save data, the next time you boot up the game it will ask you to upload local data or download your save from the cloud. When you click download you will have a copy as local data again as well as cloud based.

More info on cloud saved: support.xbox.com/.../cloud-game-saves-faq

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.