Samsung HDMI connection issues

Hello,

For a year, I've happily played my XBox 360 through my 32" Samsung LE32R74BD. A couple of weeks ago and completely out the blue, the TV no longer picks up the XBox signal through HDMI. I cannot get any audio or video through the TV via a HDMI cable.

An AV cable works fine through the Samsung TV and the XBox is all well and good (albeit not in HD).

The same HDMI cable works fine through another TV.

I have tried the display reset method (Y and RT when console loading) and this does not work.

I have scoured the internet and noticed I am not the only person to have issues with Samsung TV's, but I can't fathom why it was fine before and all of sudden it's incompatible. There does not seem to be a definitive answer either.

Does anyone have any advice please?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

could it be the HDMI output on the console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No I don't think so, as mentioned the same HDMI cable works with another TV and the XBox is perfect.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is so strange but literally a few hours ago my Samsung TV has decided not to allow my HDMI connection to my Xbox work. And exactly like you've said I've tried everything. Switched TV's, HDMI cables.. nothing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried using the console on another HDTV via the same HDMI cable? This would help eliminate the console and HDMI cable. Sorry if that is something you have already tried, I'm not clear about this from your post. :-)

Make sure that you go into the System->Settings screen and set the console to output HDMI and at the appropriate resolution. You can do this with the A/V cables plugged in but be aware that you will lose the picture after making those settings. Then try the HDMI cable to TV again.

Perhaps the HDMI port on the TV is having problems. Have you tried using another HD source on that TV port since the problem began? Food for thought.

Sorry this didn't help.