Same thing as the last time having to test the connection to get a connection

I am having to test the connection to xbox live and if I do not I cannot get a connection. (I already have made a post about this that has not been answered and this is to let you know it did not get answered.)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi, are you connecting through an Ethernet cable, or  connecting through wireless, and are you connecting the Xbox up after it has already been started, or is it always connected?

In the mean time, this may help to locate where the problem is: support.xbox.com/.../errors

Hope that helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It is a white xbox with the adapter to connect via wifi [and it is a fail if you have to test it every time. (sorry about the rambling)]

Sorry this didn't help.

It might be that the WiFi takes a while to connect and this means that when you first login, the Xbox doesn't register the connection, so you have to do the test to connect. I know that if i use the Ethernet cable, and plug it in after the Xbox is on, or loading, then i have to run the test to be able to connect. If you can, turn your Xbox off, plug in an Ethernet cable and turn it back on, if it doesn't need to run the test, then it probably has something to do with using WiFi.

If this is the case, look at the signal strength when the Xbox is loaded up, and also see how long it takes the light on the adapter to turn from red to green.

Another problem could be that your router might have a MAC filter, if this is the case, then this guide might help: support.xbox.com/.../error-cant-connect-using-static-ip-address-978975

you need to scroll down to the wireless section at the bottom

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there ZERO!

I can see that CAZ0011666 provided you with some useful tip's. Let us know if you are able to connect properly with an Ethernet cable instead of connecting your Xbox to the wireless network.

If you are not able to use a wired solution, then try this: Troubleshooting and improving wireless connection

Post back and let us know how it goes. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Well using the xbox adapter and cannot connect via ethernet cable

Sorry this didn't help.