Same Problem

I've tried clearing system cache and re-downloading my profile.  No luck.  Not sure what the problem is but very frustating.  This close to throwing my xbox out a window.  Or just accepting that I'll never be able to connect to xbox live again.  This sucks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

This was supposed to be in response to the "80151001 error cannot connect please try again later" thread but I guess I messed up and started a new thread by accident.  I'm having the issue where it asks for your email and password and then for some reason it acts like the password was wrong, even though it wasn't and now I can't log into xbox live at all.  Obviously that wasn't clear since I accidentally started a new thread because I'm stupid.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there LOKI!

Sorry to hear you're unable to sign into your gamertag, often times this is related to account security. First why don't you read THIS support article about updating your account security. Once you have a good idea of what you need to update you can go to https://account.live.com/proofs/manage and login to your account. Here you can check your account proofs and add or confirm anything that may need updated.

Once you update your account I'd recommend clearing your system cache and redownloading the profile to ensure an up-to-date copy is on the Xbox. To do this follow these simple steps:

Clear System Cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Re-Download Profile

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
  2. Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
  3. Enter the Microsoft Account address for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
  4. Enter the Password for the Microsoft Account.
  5. If your account is an Xbox LIVE Child Account, the Parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
  6. Pick the Storage Device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit.)
  7. When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to Remember Your Password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!
  8. Sign In, and retry.

Let us know how that goes for you. If you are still having issues please let us know and we can look into the problem further.

Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey.I had the same problem today.But it was my mistake.I kept putting the wrong Password in...So be 100% it correct.That or i think you can reset it.You might want to contact Xbox support and let them know....

Sorry this didn't help.

Still not working.  I've tried deleting the system cache, re-downloading my profile, adding proofs as was suggested above, and then re-downloading my profile again and I'm getting the "80151011" error code when it tries to download my profile.  Perhaps I should try just try creating an entirely new profile/ gamertag.

I never really like Loki11111111111 anyway.  I only used it because when I created my original profile I couldn't find any variation of "Loki" that wasn't already taken.

Sorry this didn't help.

Loki, I'm having the exact same problem.. For the add security part, it said I had the wrong password. So i cleared the cache and nothing happened. Then I deleted my account and tried redownloading but now I get the same error message when downloading.

I'm am extremely frustrated right now with my xbox. If anyone knows what to do please let us know!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue  after deleting and trying to reload my orfile it wont download same eeror code

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi guys/gals. Could you all try this please, courtesy of another thread here on the support forums which I can't find right now.

-

Delete/move your profile to another device if you didn't already, clear the system cache three times one after the other ( that's important ) power the console off and back on and then try downloading your profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did all of that I deleted the profile and tryed to download it back and it wouldnt let me. I got the same error code while trying to download the profile back onto my xbox. I got sick of all the bs so I formated the hard drive and it fixed everything!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there!  Glad to hear that the reformat took care of it!  If anything else starts acting funky, please feel free to make a new thread. We'll be happy to check it out!

Sorry this didn't help.