Saints Row: The Third Review

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212219p1.html

From reading the review it 'sounds' very good, I didn't enjoy the first game, the second was pretty good but I don't know there's just something about it for me that doesn't make me want to rush out and buy it next week, maybe it's because I'm just enjoying other games at the moment too much, plus I've got games that I've not even played yet, also I've seen a few say that  ... "It's not trying to be anything new, it's just fun!" .... Now fun is always good but I'm thinking another game that isn't trying to be different from the last!

I could be wrong and when I actually play it I will love it, like I said at the moment nothing screams out to me and says buy it now, what about you folks?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They make the game way to stupid!

[quote user="NUFC IX"]

They make the game way to stupid!

[/quote]

I know what your saying and I know it's only a game but the SR games do feel a little bit, I shall say 'Daft' lol

the game is designed to be a "we will let you do pretty much whatever you want and can think of" style, never really seen the big deal about these games....there is no story in there and a recent video shown to me about the various customization skills and an array of moves taken from the pro wrestling world didnt make me want to rush out and get this game on launch.

Think when this no doubt drops in price in the new year it may be worth a punt...but those just looking to have a muck about in an open world environment thats isnt tied down to do story based missions...this is for you

Each to their own lol 

Like I said I've got too many other games that would get priority over this, I'll probably stick it on my Lovefilm list in the new year to try it out.

If you want serious plat GTA, if you want something wacky, wierd and actually fun, Saints Row it is. Cannot wait for this, got my character created and some seriou co-op fun will be had

Are there any sexual content in this like GTA4 and duke nukem?

Why you want to pull your wire playing this game?

The puzzle for me is why people say there is no story to the Saints Row games. True it is not the most original in the world, gang tries to wipe out other gangs for various reasons, but it is in there and is fun to boot.

So what if the game doesn't take itself too seriously in its approach to the story? If you want a serious sandbox game on the 360 then Rockstar offer some great choices for you.

I've never played a Saints Row game before, but this looks great fun, a proper over the top riot. I think I'm gonna have it as the only game on my rental list - I'm overdue a new release from Lovefilm. The only thing I don't like is the online pass for the online co-op. I think 'whored mode' (gotta love 'em!) is free to play, its just the co-op that needs a pass.

[quote user="voteDC"]The puzzle for me is why people say there is no story to the Saints Row games. True it is not the most original in the world...[/quote]

Word

Although it's hardly thought provoking or ground breaking it's still brilliantly written, acted, great characters, great action, great fun and miles better than what most games serve up.