Ryse Embargo

So I don't know how much you should look into this...by seems like Ryse is not going to good reviews. 

Monday, November 18 at 6am PT/9am ET

• Dead Rising 3
  • Killer Instinct
  • LocoCycle
  • Crimson Dragon
  • Powerstar Golf
  • Zoo Tycoon

Tuesday, November 19 at 9pm PT/11:59pm ET

• Xbox One hardware/platform

Wednesday, November 20 at 6am PT/9am ET

• Forza Motorsport 5

Thursday, November 21 at 3am PT/6am ET

• Ryse: Son of Rome
That said, cannot wait for DR3! I think that will be the standout game for The One. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The problem with Ryse is that other than looking spectacular I can't tell what the selling point really is. The gameplay didn't look that interesting to be honest.

[quote user="AncientProphecy"]

So I don't know how much you should look into this...by seems like Ryse is not going to good reviews. 

Monday, November 18 at 6am PT/9am ET

• Dead Rising 3
  • Killer Instinct
  • LocoCycle
  • Crimson Dragon
  • Powerstar Golf
  • Zoo Tycoon

Tuesday, November 19 at 9pm PT/11:59pm ET

• Xbox One hardware/platform

Wednesday, November 20 at 6am PT/9am ET

• Forza Motorsport 5

Thursday, November 21 at 3am PT/6am ET

• Ryse: Son of Rome
That said, cannot wait for DR3! I think that will be the standout game for The One. 

[/quote]

I look at it completely the opposite.  I think MS is banking on Forza and Ryse getting great reviews and are aiming for momentum right up to launch.

I honestly hope Ryse is at least decent as another Xbox franchise that isn't a shooter can only be a good thing :-)

What do other game reviews have to do with good/bad reviews for Ryse Son of Rome? If those were game release dates, I suppose I could understand because then it could be over-shadowed, but reviews stand on their own - Ryse will succeed or fail based on itself its own reviews, not the reviews from other games. Besides, right now on the Xbox One, there's no other game like it, so it's filling a niche all by itself. This means that it has potential value over other titles that may share a genre (for example) with other games.

Hey GG, not sure if this is directed at me but what I mean is another good Xbox exclusive is a great prospect and variety is always a good thing :-)

If not at me then all good :-)

I'm hoping ryse will be good as I already have it paid off and am getting it at launch. The only worry that I have is it could turn out to be all about quick time events and I don't  want to play a game where every time I go to kill someone it turns into a QTE. I'm optimistic though and I think it will be a great game.

I don't mind QTE. I grew up playing Dragon's Lair....etc and those are some of my favorite games. Besides QTE didn't ruin Shenmue at all. They made that game.

[quote user="NameLipsKarem"]

The problem with Ryse is that other than looking spectacular I can't tell what the selling point really is. The gameplay didn't look that interesting to be honest.

[/quote]

i think the selling point is roman/gladiator/violence. it doesnt appeal to me, but my gf's 12 year old son and all his friends think it looks amazing, even the ones who are devoted to ps4. the thought of staring at slow mo violence for hours appeals to them, which i can say probably would appeal to me if i was 12.

-

the funny part is my gf will never let him even watch me play a game like that, let aloen allow him to play it. probably the same with titanfall which is going to lead to some crying.

Personally if Ryse is a 7.5-8...thats good for me. i do expect DR3 and Forza to be 8.5-9.0

I wouldn't care if they all got 1 I'm getting them because I like the look of them