RROD Caused By Demo

Hi. I've had my most recent Xbox for around maybe a year now. BTW this is my FIFTH XBOX every other one broke, and none of them due to my fault.  And not one of them could be replaced, because I was told pre owned Xbox's couldn't be replaced, and on all my Xbox's that were new my warranty had expired, so I couldn't get a repair without paying a lot of money. So anyway I thought i had hit the jackpot this time as this Xbox had never showed problem signs, despite being the first model, I think it's called Zephyr? Anyway that all changed today.

I hadn't played xbox in a week. So I was excited to play on it again. First thing when I got on after an update I payed $25 worth of dlc. I had heard that if you play the demo for Kingdoms Of Amular: Reckoning that you get bonus items for ME 3, a game I have pre ordered (which I won't get to play now). So I played it basically just for that purpose.

I'm playing through it, and about 10 minutes in my Xbox freezes to a black screen. Keep in mind as I said I have NEVER had problems with this Xbox before.So I'm worried right away, and turn the Xbox off. I turn it on and it seems to be fine, so I try to play the demo again. Before I can even get past the main menu my Xbox freezes again, and I have to restart it. So I decide it must be the demo and this time I don't click on the demo, yet my Xbox freezes again. I restart again, and what do you know I get the three red rings of death. So I do error testing and get a E18.

Now after this I'm VERY upset and frustrated, and I still am right now. I looked online, and apparently that demo is known for causing Xbox's to freeze, and the only logical conclusion is it also caused my RROD and error code, as the timing is too odd to be anything else. This is no fault of my own.

And of course my Xbox is out of warranty as it's one of the early models. However I am NOT going to pay $100 to get it fixed by MS with a 90 day warranty. I shouldn't have to pay anything to get it repaired when the error is not my fault in any way, and on top of that I could get a refurbished/used xbox  for $60, but I dont' want to do that as it would just be another time bomb, it would eventually get RROD or some other error. The only way to possibly avoid that is get one of the new model Xbox's, but I don't have the money for that, and I should NOT have to pay after all I've been through.

I've spent over 700$ JUST in consoles, been through FIVE of them. I could have got a nice gaming pc for that much. This frustrates me so much that if I had not sunk so much money into Xbox games and dlc (over $500 worth) into the console, and my friends played on it I would get a PS3 right now and not regret it, and I VERY much dislike their community, so that's saying a lot. I've sunk well over $1200 into my xbox 360, and don't even get me started on the original Xbox (though those were built well unless this useless piece of junk called the Xbox 360) and I never have had problems with it till this day, thousands of hours of game play, and 10 years, yet my first Xbox still runs perfectly. Whereas with my 360 I've been through FIVE of them, and I got my first only back in 2006 or 2007 I think. I've been through so much bull, I've had enough. I don't want to pay to get my console repaired or buy a new slim, I don't have the money, and I shouldn't have to get a sixth Xbox. I demand either A new Xbox slim 4gb (even though my Xbox phat is 250 gb) or enough money to purchase one. Microsoft you need to step up and accept responsibility for your mistakes, or I'm done with you, I'll quit xbox, and do everything I can to show how wrong you're policies are with the Xbox 360, and do my best to convince them to stop paying for Xbox live, or any Xbox products. PS3's have problems sometimes too, but I know I wouldn't have to go through 5 Ps3's to have one that worked right. So my and everyone else I can convince future with your console is in your hands now.

And PS Mods/admins if you do respond do NOT respond with some generic answer, and don't tell me to call customer support, as I already have and they wouldn't help. I'd appreciate REAL feedback.

PSS if this is in the wrong place then please move it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Also I put spacing in this for ease of reading, but it seems to have vanished, odd...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there HOBO - I went ahead and added spacing into your post. :)

It sounds like you've had a frustrating experience! I was interested to hear that there  are many reports on the internet of this particular demo causing console issues, but I can not seem to locate any in my searches. Would you be able to point us in the right direction for those? Obviously, if this is a widespread issue, we would like to hear about it! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for understanding my frustration. Perhaps I overreacted, but I am/was very frustrated, it's a heat of the moment thing. And the demo is known for freezing, though as far as I know not many people have gotten RROD from it. I'd be more than happy to provide you with links. And also I mention my previous Xbox's as I think after all I've been through at the very least I deserve an apology, yet I can't even get my xbox repaired without paying a lot of money for it. It's just aggravating, I want a console that works for more than a year, is that so much to ask?I love the console, but I shouldn't have to keep buying them over and over to enjoy the Xbox Live service. Anyway just thought I'd explain myself. I appreciate anything you can do to help.

Here are the links:

www.gamefaqs.com/.../61926893

www.gamespot.com/.../just-downloaded-the-demo-are-any-of-you-guys-here-experiencing-freeze-issues-61826567

forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php

www.pinoyxbox.com/.../viewtopic.php

www.xbox360achievements.org/.../t-353185.html

www.gamespot.com/.../just-downloaded-the-demo-are-any-of-you-guys-here-experiencing-freeze-issues-61826567

www.g4tv.com/.../kingdoms-of-amalur-demo-glitches-curt-schilling-apologizes-for-buggy-demo

Sorry this didn't help.

Bump

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="HOBO CAFE"]So anyway I thought i had hit the jackpot this time[/quote]Define "this time" ? You bought yet another used console instead of a new 360 S?[quote]as this Xbox had never showed problem signs, despite being the first model, I think it's called Zephyr?[/quote]Zephyr consoles are the first ones that had HDMI. They are as unreliable and prone to failure as launch consoles (Xenon). The original console design didn't reach a modicum of reliability until the final generation, Jasper.

I own a Zephyr console, a Halo 3 special edition. I keep extended warranty active on it explilcitly because it is a Zephyr model.

Demos don't cause failures. Use of the console causes failures. When its time is up, it's up.

Sorry this didn't help.