RRD for the last time; what next?

My X-Box 360 Original Flavor has red ringed yet again (E74). This is the third time, it's outlived several warranties, and I think it's about time for an upgrade given how slim the difference in cost between an out-of-warrenty repair and a new machine is. Which leaves me with my X-Box-shaped paperweight and a couple of questions.

1) Is there any way to get my saved games from the old console to the new model without sending it in for repair? The old machine doesn't have a hard drive on it.

2) Any suggestions on what to do with the old machine aside from just pitching it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If your game saves are on the old style of memory stick, and you would get one of the "slim" xboxes, you have no way of transferring stuff over, since your console is RROD.  I would suggest in that case to see if one of your friends is willing to help out that has one of the older style xboxes.  You would need the memory stick and a USB memory stick, and then on your friend's xbox just transfer the game saves (and profile) over to the USB memory stick.  The USB memory stick should be 1GB or bigger, I think.

If you already have it on a USB memory stick, just move it to your new XBOX when you get one.

If you are getting another old style xbox, just put the memory stick or USB memory stick you have into the new one.

you could always sell your red ringed xbox on ebay or something for parts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, I was thinking of something else; this one does have a hard drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.