RPG

Im in need of a RPG till skyrim comes out. Can anyone recommend me some good ones?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

IMHO, the best RPG this generation is Dragon Age Origins.

I'd also like to throw in the original Mass Effect since OG took my original suggestion :P

Go for the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age: Origins though if you can. As it has all the DLC on the bonus disc. 

[quote user="voteDC"]

I'd also like to throw in the original Mass Effect since OG took my original suggestion :P

Go for the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age: Origins though if you can. As it has all the DLC on the bonus disc. 

[/quote]

That should go without saying (insert winking emoticon).

Beyond that, if you have access to a copy of the original Xbox version of Knights of the Old Republic... I consider that to be my favorite game of all-time (making it IMHO the best RPG). It's a little buggy on the 360, but extremely playable. After that, FFVII is one of the greatest games ever, but that's not happening on an Xbox.

Have you played Morrowind or Oblivion?

I have Knights of the Old Republic on the PC, still works great once you tinker with it to support wide-screen resolutions.

Final Fantasy VII is also available for the PC. Though personally I prefer VIII, mainly because I hate the super-deformed character models used in VII. 

Torchlight is a Diablo-like game. It's an XBLA game, cheap.

@ voteDC,

Yeah, I have it (KotOR) for PC too. I lent it to a friend though. Right now, I'm running an i7 quad... When I did install KotOR, I got a message saying the game was incompatible with my hardware or the resolution wasn't supported or something like that. I never really tried to play it before I lent it out. Any idea what's up with that message?

I really liked FFVIII too, but it never sucked me in the way VII did.

Sounds like you need that fix LOL ...

One thing I didn't miss from Knights of the Old Republic was how your team could get stuck behind objects and you couldn't leave an area until you went back and got them.

I used info from here to get it running on my PC. Even has patches to fix the HUD positioning. archive.widescreengamingforum.com/.../WSGF_Hacks_for_SW:KOTOR

I have all 3 of those Lego games Riven, lol.

@OP Get a copy of Oblivion IV. I wouldn't suggest FF XIII, although many would.

Borderlands is fun. As long as you don't join a game with people that have modded weapons and gear.