Router??

Hey i was looking into this( D link wirless N750  mbs home cloud app-enabled dual band gigabit router DIR 836L) is that a good router for gaming?? found one for 75 bucks i have a regular d link DIR 655 router.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

The DIR-655 is just fine for gaming, I used to own one.  But i moved out of my parents and let them keep it.  Its still a fantastic router by todays standards, unless you need those cloud features, or dual band, then its not worth upgrading.

Well i have 3 computers that connect to it plus my 360 and sometimes my internet would drop at least a few times a day when im home....funny it never happens while im playing a game just when im on the internet ....figured time to update but yeah this router has been good to me just thought with the new xbox one maybe i need to upgrade.. sometimes i have trouble watching movies in HD on my 360 time to time...

THe problems you are having are probably ISP related and not an issue with the router.  Who is your ISP and what are your speeds like? Is your xbox wired or wireless?

wireless slim verison and i have bright house broadband.

The speed is 54.0 mbps