Router suggestions?

I'm getting home Internet in two days, but I need to buy a router. Not looking to break the bank, $50-$80 is about all I can afford to pay. I want to be able to stream Netflix movies and play COD II online as well. I'm gonna have my 360 and a laptop, and maybe my iPhone and my wife's s3 wirelessly hooked up to it. I can hook the 360 with an Ethernet, which is what I prefer as I'm using it exclusively right now. Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'd suggest most 2Wire routers. Sorry I don't remember how much it cost but mine works really well.

Names? I'll prob be going to Walmart cuz it's closer too. Can't do much since I had rotator cuff surger 2 weeks ago, so where my wife goes, that's where I'm going right now. Lol

i strongly suggest you get the motorola sb6580. its a modem with a wireless gateway built into it. i've had no problems with it since i bought it...

a wired connection is so much better than wireless

i use wired for my tv(netflix) xbox360 and wii u. my laptop is the only one i use wirelessly

So if I get a router with a modem, I can eliminate the modem they're gonna give me? Sorry for all the questions, but I don't know much about all this stuff. Thanks

Which ISP are you getting your Internet connection from? That will have an impact on what will work with your setup.

It's a local one with, I believe 15 mps download and 10 upload. High speed Internet through cable lines from what I understand, no telephone needed.  I got the netgear wndr3400v2, hopefully this'll work good.  I've read nothing but good reviews.

I have a Netgear router and like it quite a bit. Mine is the $150 version but I believe they have cheaper ones too.

www.netgear.com/.../wirelessrouters

I got it all set up. Hard wire to the Xbox and laptop runnin wirelessly. The laptop seems to have a hair bit of lag, but I don't know if its the website my wife is on for her side business that she has to watch videos.  This router is set up to 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Don't know which one my Xbox slim 250 gb is on, but it has an Ethernet cable straight to the router and laptop is running off a wireless signal from it. Is there something I'm missing, or any other suggestions y'all have?