Router settings for cod mw2

Don't know if it matters anyway but on mw2 it says my NAT type is moderate, at some point in the past it was open, until I changed my router - do you get a better connection with open?  I have tried changing the DNS settings on the router but only have the choice of on or off, and off means no firewall ! Not sure what to do or even if I need to do anything!!  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I used to have this problem with the old white BT Homehub..i used to switch it off and on again (no jokes!) go back in to the MW2 lobby and my NAT would be open

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post)

Thanks

Forum link wouldn't work, just looked at the guide link you sent and to be honest its a bit to tech for me!!  Does being on moderate make much difference?

Yes a moderate nat will effect you.

Sometimes running a connection test opens it

Does anyone run their router with the DNS settings off?  If so does this not leave you more prone to hackers?

Thanks for the link, but like I asked before does it make any real difference and if so how and what?

The link worked ok for me? DNS has nothing to do with your NAT status don't worry about that. Ok what is the exact make/model of your router and are you connect wired or wireless?

Belkin F5D9230-4

Belkin F5D9230-4

Wired connection