Router, internet connects but not Xbox live - only signed in once in six days

As with most Xbox Live users - I've had my fair share of troubles with this. Recently, I lowered my Virgin cable broadband from 20mb to 10mb, not that this should have a reason for Xbox live to fail?

I'm using one of the older cream Xbox 360s with a wireless adaptor with Belkin wireless N router. Since Saturday 2nd July Xbox Live has signed in once, randomly on Monday 4th July. I've rebooted the router, re-set the wireless adaptor, disconnected, re-connected - still no Xbox Live.

The connection test is successful to the router, then the internet then NO Xbox Live. Can anyone help? My gamer tag is "Rory Skywalker" - thanks for any help guys!

- Rory

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I just was about to send you a link about MTU problems. But you fixed it yourself! no need to thank me. Good job. Go and enjoy live!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

SOLVED!! I RESTARTED the router - not ny unplugging it - by doing it through the IP settings page of the router and connected at first attempt! As I said - weird coz I've been using this router with Xbox live for over 2 years! Thanks for your help DragonExadon!

Sorry this didn't help.

It's banging about MTU settings? I've had this problem before when using my Xbox at the in-laws and trying to connect to their network. Any ideas?

Sorry this didn't help.

When you do a network test what error message are you given?

Also have you tried to connect your xbox directly to your router to see if the problem due to wireless?

You can also connect your xbox directly to your modem to see if the problem is related to your router.

First however I would perform a network test and see what error message is given.

Sorry this didn't help.