Rock Band 4 Standalone Disc Is More Expensive On Xbox One Than PS4!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-why-rock-band-4-standalone-disc-is-more-expe/1100-6429998/

The PS4 standalone disc will cost the standard $60, but the Xbox One edition carries an $80 price tag.

(more details in link above)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

In my opinion the whole freaking thing is just over priced in general.
I considered it for a bit since I remember having a lot of fun with RB2 back in the day... Until I seen the $200+ price tag for the box set >.<

But a PS4 cost $400.

A Xbox one start at $350.

There are really people buying and "playing" this........" games".  ;)

do you not want to let us know WHY it cost more.. Goth you can almost run a gaming blog with the way some information is left out..

The price difference comes down to the Xbox One edition requiring a "Legacy Game Controller Adapter." This adapter allows players use their existing Xbox 360 guitars and drum sets; it supports up to four controllers simultaneously, and also works with a variety of third-party instruments

Doesnt sound so bad for an extra $20 does it?

[tag:ClickBait]

"The price difference comes down to the Xbox One edition requiring a "Legacy Game Controller Adapter." This adapter allows players use their existing Xbox 360 guitars and drum sets; it supports up to four controllers simultaneously, and also works with a variety of third-party instruments"

"For PS4, no adapter is required."

I think this is why most point it out.  Sure, you get the "Legacy Game Controller Adapter" for the extra $20.  But with the PS4 these legacy game controllers just work and no adapter is required.  Of course I do understand the extra $20 and if I still had some 360 instruments I planned on using I would go that route.

Basically they are making a deal out of the fact you can use your PS3 stuff on the 4 without the extra cost.  If I still had my old instruments I would buy new instruments anyway.  They had wore pretty good with all of my family playing on them.  

It's the cost of owning a X1.... Go drop $400 on a PS4 to save $20 on a single game....

"But a PS4 cost $400. A Xbox one start at $350." - Tzar of kaos

Over 25 million gamers don't seem to care.

"do you not want to let us know WHY it cost more.. Goth you can almost run a gaming blog with the way some information is left out.." - tohellnbak

Will you feel better if I let you know that PS4 doesn't cost more because it doesn't require the adapter? It can let your old instruments play without charging you more money. Enjoy spending that extra $20. lol If I ran a blog it wouldn't be popular with the fanboys.

Hopefully they don't care....that's 25 million that won't bother me....But there are still too much Xbox one owners...

don't think I will be playing RB or GH this time around. I spent so much money on the set last time