Rise of Nightmares - making kinect Worth owning ?

Ok lets begin with me saying from the word get go I pretty much hated Kinect. I hated the concept. I hated most of the games previews, I even tried it in a shop and hated it there and I especially hated the fact rare got pulled from all their projects to make Kinect games.

Now I've just see the first trailer for this game which I would link too but due to the content I'd probably be facing a giant banhammer if I did.

Anyway its made me think if the trailer is anywhere near reflective of the real game it might validate kinect as a decent product.

I advise you look up the trailer as it looks pretty damn good.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey mate you are entitled for your opinions on the kinect and i respect your honesty.

I wasn't a keen fan untill I got it for my kids and that swayed my view.Whether that was from just watching my sproggs,probaly including me, dancing around like a **** ends or that everyone can get involved.

However They reckon that this game release is the switch from all the kids games into the adult gaming world for the kinect and it would be intresting to se if they can pull it off.  Surely this wait for these type of games for the GROWN UPS has been long over due I mean theres only so many sports, dancing games etc that can be released.

If I hated Kinect in the same way, I certainly wouldn't be considering purchasing it on the strength of one title, no matter how good I thought that title was.

Haing looked at the trailer I can say its definetly not one for the kids.  I'd like to see what has happened with the one where you are controlling giant robots/mechs( Sorry I can't think what the games called). Now that would be a challenge for the kinect and may sway a few more to the kinect

Nothing would make me buy kinect, in fact i'm fed up of microsoft shoving it down my throat every chance they get, their E3 was all about it and nowt else.

[quote user="hobblejp"]

Ok lets begin with me saying from the word get go I pretty much hated Kinect. I hated the concept. I hated most of the games previews, I even tried it in a shop and hated it there and I especially hated the fact rare got pulled from all their projects to make Kinect games.

Now I've just see the first trailer for this game which I would link too but due to the content I'd probably be facing a giant banhammer if I did.

Anyway its made me think if the trailer is anywhere near reflective of the real game it might validate kinect as a decent product.

I advise you look up the trailer as it looks pretty damn good.

[/quote]It's good of you to admit it, but it does not surprise me that as the games get more refined and developers get more used to the technology, more games will come out that appeal to the hardcore. I was saying the same thing before the Kinect was out on the old forums.

the only thing has stopped me from getting a kinect is the lack of room, it would be nice to place games with my wife and kid

[quote user="Gary Mot"]

Nothing would make me buy kinect, in fact i'm fed up of microsoft shoving it down my throat every chance they get, their E3 was all about it and nowt else.

[/quote]

Yeah the total focus on Kinect is highly irritating.

I wouldnt mind so much if it wasnt for the fact that Kinect isnt a viable control system and actually takes control away from the player, hence the re-emergence of on rails games.

Rise of Nightmares looks like it will be similar to house of the dead.

The Rare thing is also a total kick in the balls. What I would give for a proper Conker 2, Kameo 2 and PD2.

Oh come on. There's nothing wrong with the content of that trailer. Can we not post chainsaw kills for Gears of War as well?

It looks crap anyway.  Graphics look like Deadly Premonition. Gameplay (what little can be gleamed from the footage) looks rubbish. I don't see why 90 seconds of incredibly hackneyed 'scares' makes this a game worth checking out.

Zactly what I thought. I've coughed things up that were scarier than that trailer.

how much is kinect and this game add it up and wow that's one expensive game.