Ripping Music CD's to my Xbox One

I have a simple question and looked back in forums to see if it was posted already ,but found nothing.I want to rip my music to my Xbox One and can't find out how.The Xbox music page says I can rip CD's to the Console only I don't see any such option when I put a CD in the system.I'm either missing something or you site is wrong.I have well over 500 cd's and only an idiot would buy it from the music store....any help would be appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 23, 2018 Views 326 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Can't do it yet.

Does anyone know of a release date for the ability to do so?

Haha, this will be some patch when released.  If I were them I would hurry so new customers get the patch first thing and will never know of this mess going on now.  

What's this C D thing you speak of?

I love streaming my music via Skifta to my Xbox One.

Where did anyone read that it will be an option? As of right now there is no where to play ripped music. I am using the Xbox Music for now, but is only useful with internet.

if they don't actually give us an update, I would hope they edit the Xbox music snap to be invisible

Hope they sort it, i went to put some music on last night and was annoyed i could not make a playlist with my own music, i just don't get it, why can we only do half the things we can on the 360

I really want this. I have a big collection of CDs that I'd like to rip and have playing in the background when I'm on my racing games.

I'm not sure they will bring this option back, they might however allow external music to be played from a USB drive. that would be my best guess as games have mandatory installs I can't see them let you filling up the HDD with ripped CDs.

IRB

I don't see the problem with it tbh, music takes up such little space compared to most other things. Besides, it should be up to us as to what we put on our hdd. This is something both the original xbox and the 360 did straight out of the box. I'm guessing you can do this on the PS4 too.