RIP X40's. Astro A40! Worth It?

Recently my much loved TB X40's perished when the speaker jack broke off. However i have been procrastinating over wether of not to pick up the wireless Astro A40's as replacement. The price is rather heavy and was wandering if anybody has a set, or used a set and could give their opinions. Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I've heard that the mix amp that comes with the A40s is fantastic, one of the best audio decoders around. The headset, however, is just "good." Definitely not bad or anything, and with the two you'll definitely have a fantastic sound system.

If you're an audophile then I'd recommend picking up the mix amp and shopping around for a top tier headset, if not then grab the A40 pack and that'll be more than adequate!

I have the A40, they are good, but I've had to order 3 mic cables that plug into your 360 controller because they keep breaking. But other than that I am happy with them.

[quote user="Mael Mordha"]Recently my much loved TB X40's perished when the speaker jack broke off. However i have been procrastinating over wether of not to pick up the wireless Astro A40's as replacement. The price is rather heavy and was wandering if anybody has a set, or used a set and could give their opinions.

Thanks!

[/quote]

We have reviewed the Astro A30 and A40 MLG edition recently and after using the X41's for 18 months previous we have come to the conclusion that the A40's are superior, not to mention the ability to cross game. You can read the review here > http://magicr.co.uk/wordpress/index.php/2011/05/17/the-astro-a40-2011-edition-audio-system/

And yes, The wireless 5.8 Mixamp is a wonderful piece of kit. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.