Right....so.....end of an Era

With no fanfare, no notice.....the old forums were taken off line yesterday afternoon. Took many hours for this "stripped down mobile phone app" style new forums to come online....already my Firefox4 is having glitching issues with the new setup, just typing out this is taken longer then usual as it stutters and stops as I type

Have to say, discoving that all previous history of thread participation and all Private Messages being erased was something I was not expecting, so many great threads just wiped away

So to the mods, is there a way for you to retrieve lost PM's or to get back threads that have been removed??

Anyone else thinking the new forum design looks naff, works poorly and not worth losing all the quality threads and PM's the old system had?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just took me quite a while to even find this forums.

They should have put a walkthrough on how to access different forums.

also the Game dedicated forums are still not up yet.

They've been archived check the old forums post for a link (yeah, im lazy)

cockney there was a warning posted in the old forums to copy anything you wanted to keep. they didn't give people much time to do this though.

Looks horrible and the navigation is ropey as hell.... pah!

Will take a few days for the new system to find its feet but dear god, when MS like to just throw a spanner in the works they do like to do it on a grand scale....even to those who are quite adept at working their way through a websites infrastructure...this new style leaves a lot to be desired

Really no likey likey lol

You can view all your old forums and  PMs in the archived forums page

forumsarchive.xbox.com/.../MyForums.aspx

I don't like it

Jump back in my car eat my won ton soup that's just what i do

[quote user="Viral Cyrix"]

You can view all your old forums and  PMs in the archived forums page

forumsarchive.xbox.com/.../MyForums.aspx

[/quote]

wow...what a mess to just quote something, you mean a "quote" button couldnt be added even for Quick replies?? lol

Thanks for the above link Viral Cyrix, you put the two side by side in tabs and you really ask yourself why they bothered changing anything at all...must find the new Accounts and Suspensions area though

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

must find the new Accounts and Suspensions area though

[/quote]

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx

Right there mate