Right thumb stick drift

So for the past week I started getting drift playing Neverwinter. Controller is only 9 months old with 3 months of it not used as we were away. Now the only thing Microsoft will do is make me ship it out to them costing 20-25 for an international shipment and be without a controller for weeks......anyone else feel this system of "warranty" is bogus and useless?.....many companies will ship the replacement out and have you return the defective unit in their shipping box. it is time Microsoft get with the picture and try customer service out for a while. Guess my only option that is reasonable is just lay out the 60 bucks for a new one at my local wally world..unreal

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Hi Oaken,

I'm sorry to hear about your challenges with your controller. Prior to sending in your controller, have you tried a second controller to verify that the issue is indeed with the controller in question? It might be possible for your Xbox one to be reading incorrect data from the controller (Stick is at 0, Xbox reads a positive value).

If so, have you tried restoring your Xbox to factory settings? This might resolve the issue.

Thanks,

~Iwata

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I do not have a second controller.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.