Reverting gamertag = no access to forums. Any reason why?

This is more of an FYI than a help thread. Basically, if you decide to revert your gamertag to a previous one, you'll lose access to the forums (runtime error). I've deleted a screenshot of the runtime error message a long time ago, but you will get it when you access the Forums. This was my order of changes for my gamertag:

- Rapulsion (original) - 2009-2012

- Rap Sammich - changed at March 2012

- back to Rapulsion - around May; no access to the forums at all

- A guy named Rap - changed it around November/December. Had access to forums again.

Around March last year, I won 1600 MSP from that Live on Xbox Live competition. I looked at the winner's avatar pictures (winners page released around June) but I didn't see my pic for Rap Sammich, so since I knew that I entered the competition as Rapulsion, I looked at the blank ones and I found mine. Now I couldn't complain about this because I had no access to the forums so I contacted the support team on Twitter. They had to go through the hassle of verifying my gamertag history and they eventually gave me the prize via Twitter, when it was supposed to go through e-mail.

Now my question to Xbox is: why is this the case? Is there a blacklisting system when gamertags are used again? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi A guy named Rap! This sounds like more of a unique experience (or glitch if you will) rather than the rule. There is definitely not a 'blacklisting system' for users who circle back to the same Gamertag! I'm sorry you had trouble with forums access and getting your points but I'm glad you were able to get it all sorted!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My concern is that I want to switch back to Rapulsion again. I'm concerned that I may not be able to access the forums or claim prizes in case I win competitions again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, that doesn't seem likely to be honest.  There is nothing in the system to cause that. However, if it does happen, you can absolutely contact us (or hit up @XboxSupport on Twitter) and we'll be happy to take a look and get it all behaving for you. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Not very confident about that. Remember, I was the one that "found a remedy" for the problem, which was to change my gamertag to something else. And when I was having the problem, I've contacted the Twitter team once a month and it was just the usual "Hey how can I help? Sorry but I'll let the support team know" cycle over and over again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again Rap! Like we've said this was definitely an outlier situation but I can completely understand that you'd be skeptical as it did happen to you. To ensure we can help you out in the chance this does happen in the future, make sure you tweet @XboxSupport with as much information as you can. I'd save a copy of this link somewhere safe and then you can refer the agent to this post that has all the info! You can also save mine and Miss Ermine's gamertags and ask the agent to work with us on the issue. :) Does that sound like a good solution? Let us know what ya think. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, noted. Thanks :)

Sorry this didn't help.