Revert the ridiculous update..

Seriously. WTH..   what the hell gave you the idea of making the dashboard look like the bloody phone?

This update has brought a number of problems to users all around.. and for what?  What purpose was there for developing things this way.. it now makes things more of a hassel to navagate to the simplest of places..

Now I`m usualy all for changes.. but when it interfears with my downtime.. the time in which i get to relax and escape everday life.. it gets annoying.

Yes I have gone ahead and read up that you have problems.. I understand things happen..  ..  But now I cant even play a game without my xbox *** up.. the update deleted my profile... spent about 45 min trying to recover my profile because your system wouldn`t allow it.. why would you change something that was already working?..  instead you could have been finding ways to fix the problems already at hand.. or do you plan on neglecting them to the point where people stop complaining about it?

Hell I just finished reading some thread about some female who simply wants to spend HER money to get a DIGITAL jersey for herself - a simple problem which would bring profit to you and its neglected..

Seriously stop progressing with things that bring more problems and fix the ones already at hand - honestly.. your as bad as the construction workers in my town!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 50 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

well they are trying to make the xbox even more kinect friendly, if this doesnt then well........ your out of luck

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

isnt a new console sopose to comeout late next year?

Sorry this didn't help.

you evidently failed to read the whole post.. otherwise you would have noticed the statement of them failing to pay any attention to the problems at hand..

Sorry this didn't help.

I gotta agree with this. I too could not log in for anything last night, kept booting from Live. On top of that we lose the themes and such we paid for...ridiculous.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="SON 0F ANARKY v"]

isnt a new console sopose to comeout late next year?

[/quote]

It's rumoured to come out in 2013. Oh, and I don't mind the new dashboard. It was irritating not being able to connect to Live for over an hour, but it works now, and it looks good.

Sorry this didn't help.

I never lost my Themes

Sorry this didn't help.

I still don't understand why people are paying for themes... anyway...

Yeah, downtime is never fun. I wasn't even able to play Batman Arkham City last night because my Xbox, even pre-update, was freezing every time I tried to start the game. I had to disconnect from the network to actually be able to play. When I hooked up at around 10 pm, the system then told me an update was available. Took almost 30 min to download and install....

Haven't played too much with the interface so far, but it seemed to be ok. We can't judge right now, we need to start getting used to it to actually judge it. I remember myself being furious when they moved away from the old original blades interface but after spending many months with the one that replaced it, I would say that I finally don't want to go back. Might be the same here. Many, like me, hates it when someone messes with what we're used to. But we all eventually get used to it, and down the line, we might better understand why they made it this way.

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand to a point why they have made the changes this way.. I understood it before the one individual pointed it out and before they brought out a short clip explaining a bit of it

I actualy spent 3 and a half hours trying to get just my gammertag back.. and that is what set me off the most.. i would have been more then content massacuring guards in Assasins creed offline while trying for the few achievements I have left

Like I said previous,  I usualy am all for new changes...  but what really disturbes me is that updates and such like this occur with very little regard to the problems others are already having

I myself have been suffering problems for about 8 months with live and have yet to recieve a response explaining why.. this update simply says to me that my matters are of no concern to them.. and with that logic I feel as if I'm not the only one who has been neglected of any information.

I can not fully speak on behalf of everyone else who has problems.. I can simply voice my own as I am not aware of theirs.. but there is a few people I know who are on the verge of leaving xbox simply for the blaitant dissregard shown to them... not to mention I have lost some very good friends from it..

As for your premium themes.. I have found out where they are. if you still can not let me know and I can help.. some may need to be downloaded again though..

Sorry this didn't help.

the new dash is a mess if youre using a controller to navigate it (as i can assume the majority of users are). it seems it was an update solely for kinect users. the dash itself, being more cluttered than ever, i could probably get used to, but the huge mess they made of the marketplace... why? i can only see it turning away people from making purchases now just because of how deep through menus and things you need to dig to browse it. today i went to check out what the new arcade game was, i had to pres my a button around 4 or 5 times, plus use my sticks to move through several pages of stuff, old dash id get thre with 2 button presses and minimal stick movement. i didnt have a hard time finding it, its just really irritating when i just want to quickly check for something unknown like that and have to sift through so much crap.

[quote user="xRaimez"]what the hell gave you the idea of making the dashboard look like the bloody phone?[/quote]

i wish it was like the phone, it clearly wasnt the same team behind it because the phone people know what theyre doing, and made a nice looking interface that was functional, easy, and quick to use, not the horrible mess that is the new dash.

Sorry this didn't help.

My issues are that :

A) While yes I approve that my game is the first thing highlighted as my xbox starts up I do not want it in a small square, it should be centered as it is generally the reason for me using the xbox I am not paying a monthly subscription to xbox live for a whole bunch of adds in the center of my bloody tv screen.  Just like I don't pay for cable for the commercials but the shows themselves.  The tv show is the prominent feature running at generally 22 minutes out of 30.  The same should be for the xbox:  The feature I want (ie my game) with the useless adds on the outskirts.  

B) The new netflix app is atrocious.  It's just a giant cluster of pictures that makes it difficult to focus on any one thing.  It would be fine if I couldn't see the lists of movies that are lying behind the list I'm currently looking at. But the fact that I'm getting constantly distracted makes it a lot more difficult coupled with the awkward lunge forward that occurs when I switch to a new tab makes me feel ill.  I'm not going to an amusement park where I enjoy getting jerked forward and back, but sitting on my couch trying to watch a movie, I do not need the nausea.

C) As for all the other tabs I'll just have to make sure I avoid them, do I really need to use twitter and facebook at the same time I want to watch a movie or play a game?  I don't need to use my xbox as a computer, that's what my laptop is for.  And typing any message is ridiculously long unless I want to spend 30 dollars for an accessory to type.  And it was bad enough when I had to spend 30 dollars for a cablle so that i could transfer my game data from my old broken 360 to their new "slim" version that uses a completely new hardrive.

Sorry this didn't help.